This has certainly been the weekend for home repairs / beautification projects.
1. We replaced the pulls and knobs on our kitchen cabinetry. They were these cheap white plastic things that "blended in" with our cabinets. Now they are these fancy brushed nickel pieces that really make it look a whole ton classier.
2. When replacing the pulls/knobs, we noticed that our cabinets and stove could really use a cleaning. So, we put to use our 409 and elbow grease. And now, our kitchen is sparkling.
3. We spackled 10 holes in our wall. Yes, I put the holes there in the first place with a separate "repair/beautification" project that I attempted a few weeks ago. But that doesn't matter...because I learned from it and fixed it. I OVERCAME! And now, it looks fantastic.
4. We cleaned the dickens out of our BBQ. This BBQ was a "perk" of renting this apartment. It was actually one of the reasons we wanted to live here. The only problem is that it was filthy. I don't just mean a little bit of dirt had collected on it from the previous tenants. I mean...mold growing in and out, some sort of egg sacs inside the lid, layers of grime, etc. (sorry if you just got a little sick to your stomach. I did while cleaning it.) It was quite disgusting. So we attacked it with a homemade bleach solution. It looks 10 times better. We still need to burn off some stuff from the inside. But once that is done, we just might have a backyard BBQ party. :)
5. We got a hammock! Okay, I didn't buy one. My parents are kind enough to let me use theirs because they don't have room for it at their condo. We set it up last night, and I have already spent several hours in it. In fact, I'm laying in it right now with my laptop in my lap. Ahh, sunny summer day.
6. Our water pump alarm has gone off twice this week. Our landlord called a repair guy, and they spent the afternoon fixing it. Hopefully. Now maybe we can take showers without worrying that some pipe will blow up underneath us.
That's it so far. But I still have another day and a half before the weekend is over. Who knows what other things can get done! WOOHOO for prettier homes!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment