Yesterday, Dad decided to surprise me with a fun adventure. All he told me was to bring my camera (with a fully charged battery) and to wear shorts and my hiking sandals. I had no idea where we were headed or what to expect, but I was excited!
It was an absolutely beautiful drive. We were about 20 minutes away from our final destination when my Dad finally decided to fill me in. Turns out, we were headed to go hiking around some ice caves. It was awesome!!
We got there, had a little picnic at the trail head, and then set out for the caves. Apparently, last winter there were some pretty decent avalanches that knocked out the bridges. So we had to wade through the river. Keep in mind, this was glacial ice water. COLD! I kept thinking, "Just keep going, just keep going." And then when we got to the other side I was thinking, "Keep moving. Warm your muscles back up. Just keep moving." It worked. :) Then we began the second half of our hike up. Finally we got to the ice caves, and it was most definitely worth it.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment