Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm the big stuff now

I realize that I took a long hiatus from the blog for a while...and for that I apologize. But a lot of my life/upcoming decisions had been, in some way, focused around one event that hadn't been finalized, and therefore couldn't be discussed.

But it's now been finalized...so I can finally discuss it! :)

The big news: I GOT A PROMOTION! My old title was Resource Development Administrative Assistant, and my new title is now: Office Manager / Volunteer Coordinator. It became official last week. I have been doing the Office Managerial duties for a while now, under the guise of an Admin Asst. ha! So it's certainly nice to be recognized for what I have been doing. My boss is really great at that...recognizing you for what you actually do, not necessarily just what your job description says you are doing. And I will also be adding the Volunteer Coordinator position on top of it. One of my co-workers will be getting married in July and moving to California. *tear* I'm still secretly, and extremely selfishly - yes I realize that fact - hoping that they will decide to either postpone the wedding or have her fiancee move up here instead of her move to CA. preferably the latter, for their sakes. lol Since neither of those look possible, it has been decided that I will be taking over her role with all of our amazing volunteers. If you want to volunteer with Medical Teams International, let me know!!

And now I can start making other decisions that I've been putting off....like apartment searching, vacation dates, etc. I am now once again starting the process of moving forward. *sigh of relief*

2 comments:

Kassia said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Sarah! If anyone deserves it, you do! :)