Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sounder's game

I finally got to see my very first pro soccer (football) game! Blair was kind enough to give me a tutorial the couple of days prior so I had some knowledge of what was going on. Definitely helped.

It was so much fun! First of all, the Sounders FC has become HUGE in Seattle. So it was really neat to be able to partake in a new Seattle tradition. Secondly, it was the Sounders vs. Celtics game. So, as you can see from the picture below, there were Scots all over the place. I LOVED that part. The announcer had a Scottish accent (and that sure made listening to him much more enjoyable, even if I didn't understand exactly what plays he was talking about. hehe) and the band was a group of kilt-wearing bagpipe players. *joy*
We had to get a shot at the beginning of the match, in our newly acquired Sounders gear. :)
One of the best parts of the game: I knew what was happening half the time. AND I was able to explain plays to my parents. Oh yeah.
The lot of us, enjoying our first, of hopefully many games.
GO SOUNDERS! (we didn't win, but it was still fun! and I even got to see a player get red carded. unfortunately, it was OUR player. but still, a rare treat)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You all look so festive in you coordinating outfits!