Saturday, June 16, 2007

Father's Day part 1

We celebrated Father's Day twice this year. He certainly has it good. :)

The first time was just Dad and me. We went out to Deception Pass to go clamming. It was supposed to rain all day. Imagine that, rain in Seattle. haha But, shock of all shocks, it turned out to be an exceptionally gorgeous day!! Luckily, I had been optimistic that morning and decided to dress in layers to be prepared for any scenario. It was beautiful!


You would think we were boy scouts. We loaded the car with lunch, buckets, shovels, our clamming licenses, the clam measurer, water, hot chocolate, maps, music, camera....we were definitely prepared for success!

The one thing we weren't prepared for...not finding clams! There wasn't even an old shell. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Stupid clams. Apparently Deception Pass is aptly named. *sigh* :(

So, we decided to have fun just walking the beach. I ended up catching 4 fish!! With my shovel! I'm skilled. :) The fish were very tiny and buried into the sand. I saw seagulls picking at the sand which made me wonder what they were after. So, I started digging. In each of the places where the seagulls had been digging, I found a fish. How the gulls knew they were buried in that spot under the sand, I have no clue. But I certainly had fun!


As we were walking to the car, I almost stepped on two crab! One was a male, unfortunately just a tad too small to keep. The other was a very small female. So there was no luck in getting to keep either. But again...FUN!










After all that fun on the beach, we needed sustenance. So we decided to take our picnic out on a dock to have lunch and a view. It was gorgeous!!


Despite the fact that we had no luck with digging clams, we still had a great time together...and that's the whole point of Father's Day.
LOVE YOU DAD!

No comments: