We started it out by taking Teresa to get a pedicure. Mom and I were having serious CoCok's withdrawals, and thought we all needed a little pampering. Granted, it wasn't nearly as luxurious as CoCok's. We weren't privy to free jasmine tea, views of the East China Sea, fantastic leg massages, and fancy nail art. But, at least I was sitting in a massaging chair! :) Teresa chose a pearlescent green. Mom got her normal brick colour. And I chose a metallic pink. Fun!
In Nashville, we had to go geocaching to take advantage of being in another state. :) So we took off with our GPS and went hunting. We found 3 caches that day! One was absolutely tiny, with fishing line tied to one end. The other end of the line was attached to a tree limb and then the cache had been thrown into the tree! That one was really hard to find! But we did....cuz we are good like that. ;) Another cache was in the middle of some leaves that had a likeness of poison ivy leaves. Yes, we were scared! But we dug and dug, and finally found it. And then we quickly went into the nearby mall to wash off in hopes to not get poison ivy! We were sticking our feet in the sink, washing over and over again, and pretty much ran the bathroom out of soap. hehe But we didn't get a rash!! Success! And I have now found caches in 6 states, and in Japan! :)
The next day we decided to go out for a fun afternoon of putt putt golf. Clayton met us from work, so he was in full priest garb. Fun image. :)
We each shot a hole in one, at some point or another. And we each had certain holes where we took about 6 or more shots. hehe Let's just say that we aren't very consistent putt putters. Dad even took 10 shots for one hole before grabbing the ball and sticking it in the hole with his hand!
When we finished the game and averaged all the strokes, Mom and Teresa tied for first place. But I came in a close second! :)




Last year, for Clayton's birthday, I gave him a beer-making kit. Since then, Teresa and Clayton have started experimenting making their own beer. During this trip, Dad and I had the privilege of helping make a batch. This one was a strong Belgium style ale. Here are some pics from the fun evening!


After all that fun....we went out for Ethiopian food. Now, I have been craving this particular restaurant ever since I went there 5 years ago. That's a loooooong time! So I begged and pleaded, and they were gracious enough to comply. And it definitely met my expectations. :) Very tasty!
What a great week! Thanks Teresa and Clayton for such a great time. I love you guys!!
No comments:
Post a Comment