Friday, July 3, 2009

Phoenix - Schnepf Farm : peaches

I had the awesome opportunity to spend Memorial Day weekend in Phoenix with my sister, Mary, and her family. It had been FAR TOO LONG!

On the first day, we went to Schnepf Farm - a peach farm with a little amusement park (aka "train rides") for the kids. We started by picking peaches. Peaches are one of my favourite fruit, so I was very excited they were in season!

I wanted to pick as many as possible for peach crisp, peach ice cream, plain peaches...YUM!
Marc-Andre really just wanted me to take his picture. "Aunt Sarah! CHEESE". That's my cue. :)
Luc, at first, enjoyed trying to pick the lower ones and then quit to squish the old fallen peaches through his toes.
We love peaches!

1 comment:

teresa said...

Cute! They are definitely getting older. Thanks for posting the pictures; I've been looking forward to it! (Oh, and the ground under the peach trees looks really dry! It's amazing they could get peaches!)