Okay, okay....so free museum day was a while ago. But, I'm behind. Sue me.
No, on second thought, don't sue me. Just deal with it. :)
We chose to head to the Tacoma Museum of Glass. It has a huge Dale Chihuly exhibit that we've all been wanting to see. When I was in Arizona, I went to the Dale Chihuly special exhibit at the Botanical Gardens, and loved it. So we definitely wanted to make the trip.
First we went in to see the actual glass blowing room. It was neat to see the differences and similarities to how they do it in Okinawa.

Then we walked through the exhibits...but unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take any pictures. LAME. So I stole some from their website.
Then we headed out to the outside Dale Chihuly exhibit...but captured these photos of cool glass statue art they had all over the premises. 


And finally....Daly Chihuly glass. Walls and walls of amazing glass art.
Oh, and ceilings too.
And, I just had to try to get a picture of me with it. But since it was straight above me, I got this most unflattering photo of myself.
It was a great day! Made me miss the glass masters of Okinawa, though.
1 comment:
So jealous that you went there. It's definitely on my to do list. I heart Dale Chihuly.
Post a Comment