Friday, February 20, 2009

Come on in...

Ah, specialists are special. They actually know what they are talking about. And I like them. :)

As most of you know, I have been pretty sick lately...crazy headaches, swelling in the right side of my face, no energy, etc. I spent some time in the urgent care facility early this week and got some meds. But several days later, the meds hadn't done a whole lot. So, this afternoon, I went to a specialist.

He gave me my first CT scan. For those who don't know, the machine looks something like this:


I'm a big fan of this kind of technology...really, any kind of technology that lets me see inside. I just think it's AWESOME! I informed my doctor of this, and convinced him of my sincerity and desire to learn. He then proceeded to give me a school-like lecture on everything I was seeing. He was great! Answered all my questions, told me more than I could possibly remember, gave me interesting factoids as well as scientific jargon, and spent more time with me than he probably had allotted. I like specialists, remember? :)

I was so stinkin' excited to see my pictures. I just had to share. Aren't they COOL?!?!


Now you wish you had a cool CT scan like this too, don't you? It's okay. You can admit it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... any results?

Anonymous said...

I always knew you were beautiful inside and out!

Pete Crow said...

Experiences like that make me optimistic that the day when doctors no longer approach patients like Lords inspecting their fiefdom is not that far off. Did all the cool technology yield any findings?

Sarah said...

Sorry, I guess I left out a detail. :)

Results: Apparently I just have a REALLY REALLY bad sinus infection. He decided to double the strength of the antibiotic, and double the length of usage. The CT scan showed I also needed a week of steroids and an anti-inflammatory nasal spray.

All I have to say is, "Good grief!" I certainly better get well after this! And good news is that I'm already starting to feel better. YAY!