Saturday, January 3, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog

One of my friends has recently been trying to convince me to start blogging again. His reasons are mainly very logical (which is no surprise with him), with a fun reason thrown in every once in a while.

I confess…It has been 4 months since my last blog. But in all truth, that was intentional. I purposely stopped writing on my blog for several reasons:

  1. I'm on Facebook and it is seemingly the easiest way to send updates to the masses.
  2. I’m much more passionate about photos than writing, and frequently struggle with trying to come up with something to write.
  3. I lead a fairly uneventful life, so the VAST majority of posts would be incredibly boring to everyone...even to me! :)
  4. Who will take the time to actually read my blog anyway?? When I did write, I never got comments on it or anyone mentioning that they had read it. So what’s the point?

But I can say…I am inspired to try again. Not only because of the logical reasoning provided to me or the criticism from my sister Teresa for being a “
horrible blogger”….but also because I am an avid blog groupie myself. I LOVE seeing pics and reading updates. I truly enjoy being able to share in their lives, no matter how mundane a task they are sharing. It is fun to have a way to stay connected, especially as the busy, hectic schedule of every day life prohibits staying in touch with everyone. Military life hasn’t made it any easier, with friends scattered all over the world.

Therefore, I find myself reading post after post, and checking blogs regularly just to see the next snippet of info. I sometimes even read blogs from people I have never met. Yes, I’m a groupie. “Hello. My name is Sarah and I’m a blogaholic.” It’s just plain fun to have a window into other people’s lives. (I didn’t major in Psychology for nothing.)


So, I’ve decided to try again. Welcome to my world...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ME!! ME! I read it! And i hope you have an aggregator (i.e. google reader or something) as it really helps with all those blogs :)

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite of your blogs so far. Maybe that's because I was in on the events. But, it's fun to gain insight into what you are thinking too, hence why I like this one best! Thanks for the thoughts! -- Mom