I made an important decision today. It all started with a nice afternoon, a somewhat cozy computer chair at the office, a comfy wrap sweater and some hot peppermint tea. What a fabulous afternoon.
Until a HUGE FREAKY NASTY GINORMOUS spider decided to climb up beside me. RIGHT STINKIN' NEXT TO ME! Ugh!
I am quite impressed with myself though. I didn't scream! I did have a mouth full of hot peppermint tea. So it's a darn good thing that I didn't scream. But I did quickly jump up and back away.
I found out today that I'm thankful for rolling computer chairs. They move a lot faster.
This was the biggest and fastest spider I have seen in our office yet. Why it had to be in MY office, I have no idea. Why it had to "attack" when our one male co-worker wasn't in the office, I have no idea.
But it was pretty funny watching 5 girls jump around trying to figure out what we could use to kill/catch it. I wasn't about to try to step on it. It was way too fast! And, knowing me, it would have jumped and scrambled up my pant leg. YUCK. I get a shiver just thinking about it.
And I couldn't find anything flat enough and hard enough to work well to kill it.
And two of my co-workers (Nancy and Marnie) will not squish spiders...they keep them alive! Why????? All spiders must die!
But the only way I could get it out of my office was to allow Nancy to catch it and let it outside. I admit, I did go for the instant gratification in this case. So the spider was released....to come attack me again in the future.
And what I've decided from this little "adventure" is that we NEED men in our office....aka "Spider Slayers". If you want the job, let me know. I am accepting applications immediately.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes sorry animal lovers but spiders must DIE. Especially when they inhabit an area anywhere within 10 feet of me.
What you need is HR to post job openings for Redmond. Then you might just get another spider killer in the office. But why leave it to chance? You may not get a man for the position. Just add spider killing to the requiring responsibilities.
Post a Comment