I blame task-driven employment. (you always need someone else to blame) My days have become to-do lists. And, while I get a pathetically high amount of satisfaction from crossing things off said list, I don't take the time to make the tasks fun. I could. At least, I could try.
I got into work yesterday morning, bright and early and before anyone else had arrived. I had plans to be productive while on my own. But I ended up spending 3 hours cleaning. You know how you see something bothersome enough times that you just finally have to take action? That was me. The kitchen was disgusting. The copy room, disorganized. The shred pile, overflowing. I couldn't take it any longer. So I went to work. But, I spent the first half of it grumbling to myself.
**disclaimer - let me just say, these thoughts were just the rantings of a grumpy person, not fully justified or truthful statements**
"Why is it that I'M the ONLY one in the office who seems to know how to clean up??" "Why am I the only one in the office right now, anyways?? Don't other people get paid to COME IN for work too?" "What if I left it just one more day? Would someone else actually get so tired of it that THEY would take on the challenge instead of me? Probably not, because that's never happened before." You know how it can be.
It was just a bad attitude morning...until I realized I could make it a little more fun and get my brain in check. So I started looking for little ways to change it up a bit. I pulled out the label maker and started making labels for sections of the copy room that could have been easily figured out sans labels...but I like label makers, so for me, it was fun. :) (Kassia, I know you can relate!) I shredded paper while challenging myself to stay in a Japanese style squat (not an easy task while in 3 inch heels). I started singing and dancing around the kitchen while scrubbing down the counters. And when it was done, it was so NICE in the office that THAT made me happy too.
So what started as an annoying task turned into a somewhat fun one. My attitude was changed and the office looked MUCH better (and, if you know me, cleanliness and order in my surroundings makes me a happy camper).
Anyways, I say all that to say, I plan to try to make my blogs better. At the very least, I will work on giving more written glimpses into my life (sometimes with pictures, sometimes without...) I can't promise I will succeed. But I can TRY! Next time...cuz this one held no humour or whimsy. Oh well.
2 comments:
We need a date. You, me and a label maker. Okay, maybe add some sushi. It'd be on!
Fun blog!
Post a Comment