Labor Day weekend, Jess and I made a last minute decision to head to the WA coast. Jess had read about some fun coastal towns, and we decided it was time for us to check them out. So we made a day trip out of it.
We started out in Wesport at the Maritime Museum. Found some interesting little facts about marine life. Did you know that a blue whale can get 100 ft long? That's the length of the building in the background. Let me just say, it freaked me out for ever going scuba diving. Good luck to the next person who tries to talk me into it.
We started out in Wesport at the Maritime Museum. Found some interesting little facts about marine life. Did you know that a blue whale can get 100 ft long? That's the length of the building in the background. Let me just say, it freaked me out for ever going scuba diving. Good luck to the next person who tries to talk me into it.
And then, because I can't seem to stay away from boats if they are near me, we headed over to the docks. Boats are beautiful things.
:) I couldn't resist! These cracked me up! The best part is, one of the guys from another boat watched me take these pics. He had a funny little smirk on his face. Oh well...I have a secret fascination with crab pots, crab boats, the idea of crabbing...I just love it all. So these made me happy.
We then got back in the car and started driving to our next fun little town: Gray's Harbor. There we found this really awesome whale wood sculpture. There are four whales in total: the big mommy whale, the little whale I'm hugging, the little whale under her tail, and the other little whale under that. Mommy and three little babies. Cute!
It seemed like there was a town theme: Pirates. Everything was pirates. And for whatever reason, they had this random UFO. Please note two things:1) The martian inside the UFO is a pirate martian. Who knows?
2) Yes, in fact, I do have two red spoons in my hair to look like I'm a martian too. :)
And finally, the beach.
We saw a bajillion seagulls on this beach. Jess pulls up and asks, "Wanna run through those? haha" And I said, "Heck yes I do!" So we did.Jess:
Me:
Both of us:
Let me just say, my motto for that portion of the trip was, "You better not poop on me, stupid bird. Don't you dare poop on me." It worked though...even if only by an inch.I love this kind of beach. Lots of fun exploration, crabbing, fishing, seagulls...it's very different than a beach in Florida. And for that, I'm grateful.

Thanks for a fun Saturday, Jess!



No comments:
Post a Comment