Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hawaii - Autumn's birthday

One of the main reasons why I went to Hawaii when I did was because Autumn was turning ONE! I've had the great joy of being with Marc-Andre and Luc for their first birthdays, so I just had to go for Autumn's first as well! It was so much fun!!

We started off the day doing a family present opening. It was so cute watching Autumn try to figure out how to unwrap the presents. She would get a little piece of paper off, and then just play with it...or try to eat it. :) She didn't quite grasp that she was supposed to take ALL the paper off because the present was underneath. And then, once she got one present opened, she was perfectly content to sit there and just play with it, even though there were many more to go. She's so cute!
Teresa and I wrapped the pool present from Great Grandma Mary. But we decided to wrap it with the white side of the paper on the outside so that we could draw all over it. We had fun getting creative while Autumn napped.


Then it was time for Autumn to open up my present. Just when she learned how to unwrap presents, I throw her a curve ball. I wrapped mine in a bag and tissue paper. I'm an Aunt that encourages continual learning. :)I bought her three cute little sundresses (one of which she can grow into) and a fun little pair of shoes. She was SO cute in them! She even wore this dress for her big birthday party. I was a very proud Aunt.
I just love, love, LOVE this little girl!!!


Then came her big party with a few families from their church. They did a great job decorating the house and cooking a fun Hawaiian luau / owl themed party.
Teresa and I researched a bunch of cake designs, and Trees tweaked a few and came up with a really awesome owl cake design. From start -
To finish -She did SUCH a good job!!!! It was definitely a hit at the party.She was a confused, and a little freaked out, by everyone staring and singing to her. :)
This photo, that I just think is adorable, was taken with my phone so I could upload it and send it to our family immediately. They had to be a part of the big day!
And I just love this one. Clayton is reading Autumn her birthday cards. He's such a good daddy.

Happy 1st Birthday, Autumn!!!

2 comments:

The Reedys said...

I loved looking at all these Hawaii pics! :)

Mom said...

Loved reading about the party through your eyes! Glad you could be there for it!