Okay. This post is going to be a grouping of the random shots from the trip. They don't fit into any particular grouping, so I decided to group them together.
I'm making Autumn a large cross-stitched animal collage. Hopefully it will be ready by Christmas time. Here, she's getting a sneak peek. :)

One thing I love about Teresa and Clayton is that they are game people. We played a game almost every single night I was there. Ticket to Ride (pictured below), Settlers of Catan, Agricola, Puerto Rico, Lost Cities.... Clayton won all but one game: we played Agricola and Teresa won that night. But, sadly, I never won. Not once the entire time. *sigh*
Teresa and I went kayaking out by Chinaman's Hat. It was there that I flipped the kayak...twice. I definitely ended up soaked and bruised from climbing back in the stupid thing. But I had fun! We even kayaked right next to a sea turtle! I think Teresa even went right over the sucker.
One day Teresa took me to her campus. It was a lot bigger than I expected. I really enjoyed getting to see where she spends her days studying and working in the labs. We headed over to the bookstore so Trees could purchase her books and bus pass for the next semester. And we decided that Autumn needed a little U. of Hawaii spirit. :)
Clayton made a cherry pie. Not the kind with the canned pie filling. No, that's not nearly good enough for him. He spent hours cutting and pitting fresh dark cherries. And boy was it worth it. I normally don't like cherry pies. I just don't like that canned stuff. But this was darn tasty! Well done, bro!
We went to a macadamia nut farm. They had samples of a ton of different flavoured ones. My favourite was the Kona Coffee Crusted Macadamia Nuts. Yum! They also had this little section where you could try shelling the nuts the old fashioned way. It was really fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment