We went snorkeling at Turtle Beach and Shark's Cove. I, unfortunately, didn't get a waterproof camera. But it was awesome! I got to swim with huge sea turtles! We were supposed to stay 6 ft away, but that was impossible. The water at Turtle Beach was quite murky, and therefore it was hard to differentiate between the turtles and the rocks. Once, we were swimming along and I'm looking around. Rock. Rock. Rock. Underwater scream! All of a sudden, a turtle head the side of a cantaloupe was about 3 inches from my face. Needless to say, it startled me a little. :)
Then we headed over to Shark's Cove. The water there was supposed to be a lot clearer, and it certainly was. And it was a lot deeper, with a lot more sea life. I loved it!
Clayton and I snorkeled together. We started off sitting on a rock, discussing our strategy. The last thing Clayton said to me was "Just make sure you go past that rock before you stop". That didn't happen. haha As soon as I started snorkeling, I saw an awesome turtle..in waters so clear that I could see a lot of the details on the shell. I had to stop...and I had only gone about 4 feet. :) But, once Clayton saw was I was staring at, he understood. I think we floated there for about 5 minutes before moving on. hehe
When snorkeling in the East China Sea in Okinawa, my favourite fish was the parrot fish. It's colours are so vibrant! There, they were about the size of one of my shoes. But here...here, they were the size of large grouper. I saw one that was about 2-3 feet long. HUGE. And we could even hear it eating off of the coral below us. "Chomp. Chomp. Chomp." What an awesome experience!
We had Autumn with us, so only two of us could snorkel at one time. Teresa and I went snorkeling in Turtle Beach. And Teresa went with Clayton first at Shark's Cove. While Clayton and I were snorkeling there, Autumn got to eat. This is a great shot of her announcing that she was finished with her bottle. I love it! :)
Then we headed over to Shark's Cove. The water there was supposed to be a lot clearer, and it certainly was. And it was a lot deeper, with a lot more sea life. I loved it!
Clayton and I snorkeled together. We started off sitting on a rock, discussing our strategy. The last thing Clayton said to me was "Just make sure you go past that rock before you stop". That didn't happen. haha As soon as I started snorkeling, I saw an awesome turtle..in waters so clear that I could see a lot of the details on the shell. I had to stop...and I had only gone about 4 feet. :) But, once Clayton saw was I was staring at, he understood. I think we floated there for about 5 minutes before moving on. hehe
When snorkeling in the East China Sea in Okinawa, my favourite fish was the parrot fish. It's colours are so vibrant! There, they were about the size of one of my shoes. But here...here, they were the size of large grouper. I saw one that was about 2-3 feet long. HUGE. And we could even hear it eating off of the coral below us. "Chomp. Chomp. Chomp." What an awesome experience!
We had Autumn with us, so only two of us could snorkel at one time. Teresa and I went snorkeling in Turtle Beach. And Teresa went with Clayton first at Shark's Cove. While Clayton and I were snorkeling there, Autumn got to eat. This is a great shot of her announcing that she was finished with her bottle. I love it! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment