Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hawaii - zoo

One of the first activities we decided to do was go to the Honolulu Zoo. Teresa and Clayton had a membership (gift from Mary) so they got in free...and I found out that my Seattle Zoo membership also got ME in for free! How exciting that was!We started at the petting zoo. Autumn was a bit scared of the goats. She wanted to sit back and watch them but they kept coming right up to her. She would let out this little high pitched "Eh, eh, eeeee" as they got closer.But she really liked the llamas!
Then we saw the giant fish tank. It startled her at first to have something come up from behind.But then she loved standing there watching them at her level.Her favourites were the chickens (not surprising). Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture because they were in their wired coops.

So we headed over to the turtles (which I always love). It REALLY liked Autumn and constantly came up and practically leaned on her legs. So she just sat down next to it instead.We took a break to play in the park.Then we just explored. I thought this bird was just gorgeous with it's vibrant red head.And these giraffes were in the same exact position...as if they were posed waiting for me to take their picture.These just weirded me out. What a strange looking animal!I thought it was cool that a tiny little egret was hanging out next to the big powerful zebra.This was just a cool tree. The trunk was multi-coloured and was so smooth it looked like clay.Pretty Bird of Paradise plant.Captivating cheetah. This guy looked like he was king of the hill.

No comments: